PORTLAND, Ore. (May 5, 2017) – Guests attending Chris Tomlin’s Worship Night in America tonight and Lewis and Clark Graduation tomorrow afternoon should be advised of the I-5 North closure between Marquam and Fremont bridges from 10 p.m. Friday, May 5 until 4:30 a.m. on Monday, May 8.
Travelers on I-5 North will take Interstate 405 North (exit 299B) across the Fremont Bridge to rejoin I-5 North.
The following on and off ramps will close to keep travelers out of the work zone:
- I-5 North Marquam Bridge. Detour: I-405 North to reach I-5 North; I-405 North to I-5 South to reach I-84 East
- I-5 North Broadway/North Williams on-ramp. Detour: On-ramp open north of North Going or North Alberta Streets
- I-405 South SW Fifth Avenue on-ramp. Detour: I-405 South SW Broadway on-ramp
- Interstate 84 West off-ramp to I-5 North and Convention Center/Moda Center. Detour: I-5 South to I-405 North (exit 0) to reach I-5 North
- I-84 East on-ramp from the Morrison Bridge. Detour: I-84 East on-ramps at NE Grand at NE Everett.
The following are additional suggestions for managing travel to events held at the Rose Quarter this weekend:
- Consider Alternative Transportation – With added capacity on busy event nights, MAX Light Rail and TriMet bus service frequently travel through the Rose Quarter transit center. For schedules, fares and route information, visitwww.trimet.org.Due to large game-night crowds, please allow extra time for your transit choice.
- Bicycle Access to Rose Quarter – With 30 racks and capacity to secure 300 bicycles, Rose Quarter guests are welcome to ride bicycles to the venue.
- Pedestrian Foot Traffic – With some of Portland’s most accessible and progressive neighborhoods located nearby, guests are welcome to walk to Rose Quarter events.
- Parking Garages and Surface Lots – Parking Garages and parking facilities adjacent to the Rose Quarter will be available for a parking charge. Due to limited spaces, guests are encouraged to consider alternative transportation means or carpool. When choosing any Rose Quarter parking option, guests are reminded to remove or store valuables out of sight, and lock their vehicles.