PORTLAND, Ore. (June 8, 2018) – Guests traveling to the Rose Quarter tomorrow are strongly encouraged to arrive early and plan ahead for venue entry with both Moda Center and Veterans Memorial Coliseum holding events.
Moda Center doors will open at 6:00 p.m. for the 7:00 p.m. Sugarland concert and Veterans Memorial Coliseum doors open at 6:00 p.m. for the Tualatin High School Graduation starting at 7:00 p.m. In addition, the Grand Floral Parade will commence at the Rose Quarter at 9:30 a.m. which will limit access to Interstate avenue until 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Guests should factor in additional time to clear security checkpoints entering both venues. Any bags carried into Moda Center or Veterans Memorial Coliseum may not exceed the size limit of 14x14x6. While those dimensions fit most purses and handbags, most backpacks will exceed that limit and should be left at home.
Upon arrival, the Rose Quarter will feature several food and beverage options readily available for guests. Dr. Jack’s opens at 4:00 p.m., while the Schonely’s 10 Barrel Taproom will open its doors at 6:00 p.m.
The following are additional suggestions for managing travel to events held at the Rose Quarter:
- Consider Alternative Transportation – With added capacity on busy event nights, MAX Light Rail and TriMet bus service frequently travel through the Rose Quarter transit center. For schedules, fares and route information, visit www.trimet.org. Due to anticipated passenger volume, please allow extra time for your transit choice.
- Rideshare – Rideshares can be a hassle-free mode of transportation to and from Rose Quarter events when parking is limited. The rideshare pick-up location is located on Ramsay Way. Guests should exit across from entry A7 to access Ramsay Way. Rideshare drop off is on Wheeler Avenue.
- Bicycle Access to Rose Quarter – With 30 racks and capacity to secure 300 bicycles, Rose Quarter guests are welcome to ride bicycles to the venue.
- Pedestrian Foot Traffic – With some of Portland’s most accessible and progressive neighborhoods located nearby, guests are welcome to walk to Rose Quarter events.
- Parking Garages and Surface Lots – Parking Garages and parking facilities adjacent to the Rose Quarter will be available for a parking charge. Due to limited spaces, guests are encouraged to consider alternative transportation means or carpool. When choosing any Rose Quarter parking option, guests are reminded to remove or store valuables out of sight, and lock their vehicles.