PORTLAND, Ore. (April 12, 2019) – The Portland Trail Blazers will take on the Oklahoma City Thunder this Sunday at 12:30 p.m. in Game One of the NBA Western Conference Playoffs first round. Due to the Bridges to Brews run, there will be special morning traffic considerations to manage.
Guests traveling to the Rose Quarter Sunday are strongly encouraged to plan ahead for venue entry to Moda Center, as N. Interstate Ave. will have a partial shutdown from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. for marathon.
The two Northbound lanes of N. Interstate Ave. east of the Max line will be separated with traffic cones. The inside lane closest to the Max tracks will be used for marathon runners running south, while the outside lane closest to the Moda Center will be used for vehicles traveling North. Vehicles will have access to Drexler Drive and Larrabee for access to all parking lots. Traffic from Drexler Drive will only be able to make a right turn onto N. Interstate Ave. headed North towards Larrabee. Interstate Ave. Northbound will then be closed North of Larrabee.
Moda Center doors will open at 11:00 a.m. for the 12:30 p.m. game, and the Rose Quarter Commons will be abuzz with pre-game activities starting at 9:30 a.m.
Guests should also factor in additional time to clear security checkpoints entering Moda Center. Any bags carried into Moda Center may not exceed the size limit of 14x14x6. Most purses and handbags fit these dimensions. Backpacks are not allowed into Moda Center regardless of size and should be left at home.
The Rose Quarter will feature several food and beverage options readily available for guests upon arrival and during the game. Dr. Jack’s opens at 9:30 a.m., while the Schonely’s 10 Barrel Taproom will open its doors at 10:30 a.m.
The following are additional suggestions for managing travel to events held at the Rose Quarter:
- Consider Alternative Transportation –With added capacity on busy events, MAX Light Rail and TriMet bus service frequently travel through the Rose Quarter transit center. For schedules, fares and route information, visit trimet.org. Due to anticipated passenger volume, please allow extra time for your transit choice.
- Rideshare –Rideshares can be a hassle-free mode of transportation to and from Rose Quarter events when parking is limited. The rideshare pick-up location is located on Ramsay Way. Guests should exit across from entry A7 to access Ramsay Way. Rideshare drop off is on Wheeler Avenue.
- Bicycle Access to Rose Quarter –With 30 bike racks and capacity to secure 300 bicycles, Rose Quarter guests are welcome to ride bicycles to the venue.
- Pedestrian Foot Traffic –With some of Portland’s most accessible and progressive neighborhoods located nearby, guests are welcome to walk to Rose Quarter events.
- Parking Garages and Surface Lots –Parking Garages and parking facilities adjacent to the Rose Quarter will be available for a parking charge. Due to limited spaces, guests are encouraged to consider alternative transportation means or carpool. When choosing any Rose Quarter parking option, guests are reminded to remove or store valuables out of sight and lock their vehicles.