Lloyd MAX lines will be disrupted from the start of service on Sunday, August 4 to the end of service, Saturday, August 17, as TriMet makes major improvements to the system to keep trains running on time and increase the system’s resiliency. MAX Blue, Green and Red lines will be disrupted with no trains between N Interstate Ave and Lloyd Center/NE 11th Ave MAX stations, affecting guests traveling to and from the Rose Quarter.
MAX riders from the west side will de-board at the Interstate Rose Quarter MAX station, just south of the Moda Center. MAX riders from the east side will have to transfer to shuttles at the Lloyd Center MAX station. More information on the improvements, disruptions and shuttles can be found HERE.
In addition to the closure, all trains will run less often and will operate on special routes. Rose Quarter guests are encouraged to allow extra travel time and use the TriMet regular bus service or alternate modes of transportation, including rideshare, E-Scooters or bicycles.
The following are additional suggestions for managing travel to events held at the Rose Quarter:
- Consider Alternative Transportation – With added capacity on busy event nights, TriMet bus service frequently travels through the Rose Quarter transit center. For schedules, fares and route information, visit trimet.org. Due to anticipated passenger volume, please allow extra time for your transit choice.
- Rideshare – Rideshares can be a hassle-free mode of transportation to and from Rose Quarter events when parking is limited. The rideshare pick-up location is located on Ramsay Way. Guests should exit across from entry A7 to access Ramsay Way. Rideshare drop off is on Wheeler Avenue.
- Bicycle Access to Rose Quarter – With 30 bike racks and capacity to secure 300 bicycles, Rose Quarter guests are welcome to ride bicycles to the venue.
- Pedestrian Foot Traffic – With some of Portland’s most accessible and progressive neighborhoods located nearby, guests are welcome to walk to Rose Quarter events.
- Parking Garages and Surface Lots – Parking Garages and parking facilities adjacent to the Rose Quarter will be available for a parking charge. Due to limited spaces, guests are encouraged to consider alternative transportation means or carpool. When choosing any Rose Quarter parking option, guests are reminded to remove or store valuables out of sight and lock their vehicles.