The Portland Trail Blazers Western Conference Semifinal series win over the Denver Nuggets has advanced them into the Conference Final against the Golden State Warriors. The Trail Blazers will host Game 3 at home on Saturday, May 18. Therefore, the 2019 Stars on Ice presented by Musselman’s show scheduled for a 7:30 p.m. performance at Moda Center will now be a 7:30 p.m. performance at Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Ticket holders will receive new tickets for the Veterans Memorial Coliseum show via email early this week.
Guests traveling to the Rose Quarter Saturday night are strongly encouraged to arrive early and plan ahead for venue entry with both Moda Center and Veterans Memorial Coliseum holding events. Guests should factor in additional time to clear security checkpoints entering both venues. Any bags carried into Moda Center or Veterans Memorial Coliseum may not exceed the size limit of 14x14x6. Most purses and handbags fit these dimensions. Backpacks of any size are not allowed in the venues and should be left at home.
The following are additional suggestions for managing travel to events held at the Rose Quarter:
- Consider Alternative Transportation – With added capacity on busy event nights, MAX Light Rail and TriMet bus service frequently travel through the Rose Quarter transit center. For schedules, fares and route information, visit trimet.org. Due to anticipated passenger volume, please allow extra time for your transit choice.
- Rideshare – Rideshares can be a hassle-free mode of transportation to and from Rose Quarter events when parking is limited. The rideshare pick-up location is located on Ramsay Way. Guests should exit across from entry A7 to access Ramsay Way. Rideshare drop off is on Wheeler Avenue.
- Bicycle Access to Rose Quarter – With 30 bike racks and capacity to secure 300 bicycles, Rose Quarter guests are welcome to ride bicycles to the venue.
- Pedestrian Foot Traffic – With some of Portland’s most accessible and progressive neighborhoods located nearby, guests are welcome to walk to Rose Quarter events.
- Parking Garages and Surface Lots – Parking Garages and parking facilities adjacent to the Rose Quarter will be available for a parking charge. Due to limited spaces, guests are encouraged to consider alternative transportation means or carpool. When choosing any Rose Quarter parking option, guests are reminded to remove or store valuables out of sight and lock their vehicles.
This year’s Stars on Ice presented by Musselman’s tour will feature some of the top American skaters from the 2018 and 2014 Olympic games, offering a true red, white and blue celebration on ice. This year’s Portland performance features two-time and reigning World Champion, U.S. Olympic Team Bronze Medalist, and three-time and reigning National Champion Nathan Chen; two-time Olympic Bronze Medalists, two-time National Champions and three-time World Medalists Maia & Alex Shibutani; Olympic Gold, Silver and Bronze Medalists, two-time World Champions and six-time National Champions Meryl Davis & Charlie White; three-time National Champion and 2016 World Silver Medalist Ashley Wagner; two-time and reigning National Champions and two-time World Medalists Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue; Olympic Bronze Medalist and National Champion Mirai Nagasu, Olympic Bronze Medalist and National Champion Bradie Tennell; Olympic Bronze Medalist and four-time National Champion Jeremy Abbott; and three-time National Medalist and 2019 World Bronze Medalist Vincent Zhou. 13-year old Alysa Liu, who become the youngest skater to win a U.S. National Championship this year, will be a special guest performer. Please visit www.starsonice.com regularly for more detailed cast information.
Limited tickets for the 2019 Stars on Ice presented by Musselman’s show in Portland are on sale now. Tickets start at $25 and are available at www.rosequarter.com or www.ticketmaster.com. Limited on-ice seating is available upon request. Group discounts are available for parties of 10 or more.
Stars on Ice continues to be a pioneer in figure skating by offering fans the rare opportunity to witness some of the world’s most creative and cherished champions performing together in both individual and ensemble routines. Founded and produced by Olympic Gold Medalist Scott Hamilton, Stars on Ice is one of the premier family entertainment events in the U.S., and the only figure skating tour in America, that has annually brought fans the greatest American figure skaters into their hometowns.
About Stars on Ice
Founded in 1986 by skating icon Scott Hamilton, the Stars on Ice tour has performed more than 1,500 shows over the last three decades. Past Tour performers include Olympic Gold Medalists Kristi Yamaguchi, Katarina Witt, Scott Hamilton and Torvill & Dean. The Tour has won three Emmy Awards, one ACE Cable Award (Best Sports Special), and is recognized as the finest ice production in the world. Stars on Ice is produced by IMG, the global leader in sports, fashion and media. For more information about the Tour, visit www.starsonice.com. Keep in touch with Stars on Ice on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starsonice, Instagram: www.instagram.com/starsonice and on Twitter: @starsonice, www.twitter.com/starsonice.