Important Traffic Information for Friday's Trail Blazers game and Hometown Holiday Show at VMC
PORTLAND, Ore. (December 6, 2019) – Guests traveling to the Rose Quarter Friday, December 6 are strongly encouraged to arrive early and plan ahead for venue entry, with multiple events happening at the Rose Quarter.
Moda Center doors will open at 5:30 p.m. for the 7:30 p.m. Trail Blazers game and Veterans Memorial Coliseum doors will open at 6:30 p.m. for the 8:00 p.m. Hometown Holiday show.
The Rose Quarter will feature several food and beverage options readily available for guests upon arrival and during the show and game. Dr. Jack’s opens at 4:00 p.m. for guests upon arrival and during the game and show, while the Schonely’s 10 Barrel Taproom will open its doors at 4:30 p.m.
Guests should factor in additional time to clear security checkpoints entering both venues. Any bags carried into Moda Center or Veterans Memorial Coliseum may not exceed the limit of 14x14x6. Most purses and handbags fit these dimensions. Backpacks are not allowed into Moda Center and Veterans Memorial Coliseum regardless of size and should be left at home.
The following are additional suggestions for managing travel to events held at the Rose Quarter:
- Consider Alternative Transportation – With added capacity on busy events, MAX Light Rail and TriMet bus service frequently travel through the Rose Quarter transit center. For schedules, fares and route information, visit www.trimet.org. Due to anticipated passenger volume, please allow extra time for your transit choice.
- Rideshare – Rideshares can be a hassle-free mode of transportation to and from Rose Quarter events when parking is limited. The rideshare pick-up location is located on Ramsay Way. Guests should exit across from entry A7 to access Ramsay Way. Rideshare drop off is on Wheeler Avenue.
- Bicycle Access to Rose Quarter – With 30 bike racks and capacity to secure 300 bicycles, Rose Quarter guests are welcome to ride bicycles to the venue.
- Pedestrian Foot Traffic – With some of Portland’s most accessible and progressive neighborhoods located nearby, guests are welcome to walk to Rose Quarter events.
- Parking Garages and Surface Lots – Parking Garages and parking facilities adjacent to the Rose Quarter will be available for a parking charge. Due to limited spaces, guests are encouraged to consider alternative transportation means or carpool. When choosing any Rose Quarter parking option, guests are reminded to remove or store valuables out of sight and lock their vehicles.